This negotiations session was focused on Interest-Based Bargaining (IBB) training.
- We spent 2.75 hours involved in IBB training, with our federal mediator covering the main points of the IBB process.
- After a review of the difference between position-based bargaining and IBB, we engaged in activities designed to acquaint us with how to write issue and interest statements.
- We also role-played how to ask clarifying questions when a team presents an issue and their respective interests.
- After completing the training, we spent approximately 30 minutes reviewing our proposed ground rules.
- We will meet from 8:30 – 11 Friday, March 24th, and during this meeting will review the issues list from both teams and identify where to begin negotiations. Our homework for next week is to use the provided IBB forms to describe each issue and the respective interests we have. Each team will bring these completed forms to the meeting on Friday.
Meeting schedule spring 2017 negotiations:
- March 17th
- March 24th
- March 31st
- April 14th
- April 28th
- May 5th
- May 19th